Sunday, December 10, 2006

more crazy adventures of mat

Mat is working on a big important job that should make him quite a bit of money: a 3D visualization of a house. Yesterday morning he was admiring its progress on the computer screen. We agreed that it looked good. That it seemed to be going well. Almost surprisingly well. Still... ‘Perhaps it could do with a few more trees’, Mat mused. I left the house predicting that by the time I returned later that night the house on the screen would be completely obscured by palm trees, lianas, and giant prehistoric ferns and Mat would be sat in exactly the same spot screaming: ‘I KNOW WHAT IT NEEDS! A TIGER!’

It didn’t happen, but it would have been quite in keeping with his general behaviour. At one point this week I posed the philosophical question: ‘When Mat’s working alone in the house - does he make a sound?’ The answer is an unqualified ‘yes’. He is constantly talking nonsense to himself, composing little ditties, howling and shrieking. I think this is a positive sign. It means he isn’t depressed, which is a good thing. For him, at least.

But there is a price to pay for these continued good spirits. Nothing can stop Mat now… except microscopic germs. These (conveniently invisible) creatures are all over the kitchen, he claims. Now he doesn’t let me touch the bin, and continues to frown on me using the dustpan and brush on both the kitchen floor and the kitchen work surfaces. Germs, I ask you! I have no problem believing in elves and gremlins, but germs? They don’t even have legs, according to Mat’s vague description. Or eyes. Ridiculous. All the same, it’s probably just as well he doesn’t know about me using the toilet brush to clean the saucepans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home