Monday, April 27, 2009

swine tasting

Looks like that pig mask I bought in Birthdays could prove to have been a wise buy. Now I can wear it to work and pretend I've got swine flu. Ah ha ha ha ha. Yes I know swine flu is a disaster in the making which has already killed many, but I stand by my trivial pathetic joke.

There was a reporter on the news last night claiming to have seen 'no overt signs of panic' on the streets of Washington. Where nobody has died and hardly anyone has contracted the disease. Even Americans aren't going to be running around like headless chickens yet. Anyway, headless chickens, that's bird flu.

Pause for laughter.

Tomorrow, as I write, I am going on a work 'awayday'. A couple of days (one night) in a hotel near Stratford-on-Avon where we are to be 'embedded' with the new structure, a process which is hopefully not as gruesome as it sounds. What it certainly will NOT be is some kind of orgy of food and alcohol consumption all at the taxpayer's expense. There are 'workshops'. Nevertheless if there is not a feast complete with suckling pig with an apple in its mouth, I will be very disappointed. (A headless chicken just won't do).

It has come to my attention that I have drifted up a waist size since starting work there. I will panic later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home