Thursday, July 14, 2005

missing the bus

I decided to walk to work, through the park. It didn't feel like going to work at all. It felt like going on holiday. The sun's rays dissolved the mist. The occasional dogged jogger or cyclist passed. A young couple wandered by, talking in what seemed disrespectfully loud voices (I murdered them).

In fact, pleasant as it was, a part of me felt like I was auditioning for Crimewatch. About to stumble across a dead body, or become one. On the other hand, I was probably less likely to bump into an on-duty suicide bomber here, for all that suburbia is now (apparently) crawling with them.

Not that even the most desperate suicide bomber would target the 565, especially now they've reduced the service. And are continuing to do so - I caught it going home and it had shrunk into a minibus, more redolent of care in the community than public transport. I should probably walk to and from work more, and I will. As long as conditions are absolutely perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home